Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Music Links

I had a lot of fun recently finding You Tube versions of all the music in my books. If you go to the Music page on my website you'll find I've listed all the musical references. Now they are linked to performances. I thought readers may enjoy discovering some new pieces.

In my second book Coming Home, for example, the beautiful Elgar Cello Concerto plays a large role. If you haven't heard it the references won't be as vivid, they won't mean as much. I found a YouTube video of Jacquleine Du Pre whose wonderful version I mention in the book.

If you find these links as you read my books you'll be able to, as one of of my lecturers at Music School said, "enjoy two pleasures at once." He was talking about listening to Wagner operas in the bath LOL

No comments: