Saturday, May 14, 2011

Amazement!!

 A couple of weeks ago we went to Narooma for a quick overnight visit with relatives. When we returned I had a phone message from the RWA R*BY manager saying please call her. I assumed it would be some RWA committee business or maybe about the Little Gems Anthology because we're involved in both but no, my book Instant Family had finalled in the Long Romance section of the Romantic Book of the Year. Wow!!!

Then I went to check the pile of emails before I rushed off to Sunday afternoon tennis. There sat an email from the Manager of the Phoenix Desert Rose Golden Quill Contest telling me Instant Family had won the Traditional romance category and my other entry The Tangled Web had finalled. I couldn't believe it!

Instant Family is set in my hometown of Canberra so I'm doubly pleased to be waving the flag not only for my publisher Avalon but for homegrown sweet Aussie romance! If you happen to be one of the readers who read and judged Instant Family as worthy--thank-you very much!!

2 comments:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Congratulations, Elisabeth. What a fantastic achievement.

Elisabeth Rose said...

Thanks so much Eleni. It's a thrill.